Membership Terms & Conditions
Almeida Theatre Membership Terms and Conditions
These are the terms and conditions which apply to your Almeida Theatre Membership (‘these Conditions’). By purchasing or renewing a Membership with the Almeida Theatre, you are agreeing to be bound by these Conditions.
In these Conditions:
- ‘Almeida Theatre’ and ‘the Almeida’ (and ‘we’, ‘our’, ‘ours’ and ‘us’) refers to the Almeida Theatre Company Ltd, registered charity number 282167, Almeida Street, Islington, London N1 1QN
- ‘Membership’ means the contract between us in accepting your offer to purchase specific Benefits from the Almeida
- ‘Gift Membership’ means the contract between us in accepting your offer to purchase specific Benefits from the Almeida for a designated person
- ‘Membership Level’ means the specific level of membership you have purchased
- ‘Membership Card’ means the card which is issued to you by the Almeida or a trusted third party following the purchase or renewal of a Friend, Bronze Friend, Silver Friend or Gold Friend Membership
- ‘Membership Number’ is the unique identification number given to you by the Almeida
- ‘Accepting’ means either confirmation by the Almeida verbally or in writing (including by email) that your Membership application has been received and your Benefits will commence
- ‘Benefits’ means those products and services offered to you as part of your contract with the Almeida
- ‘Credit’ means funds retained by the Almeida on your account for you to use for future purchases
- ‘Personal Information’ refers to all personal data relating to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified in particular by reference to an identifier
- ‘You’ means you or anybody who in our reasonable opinion is acting with your authority or permission
- ‘Organisation’ includes, but is not limited to schools, colleges, universities, institutions, tour operators, concierge services and theatre clubs
1. Membership Benefits
1.1 All Membership Benefits are subject to availability and to these Conditions. The Almeida reserves the right to amend or withdraw any or all Benefit(s) offered to you at our discretion.
1.2 Membership does not guarantee access to tickets in the event that tickets are sold out. Any purchase of tickets by Members and/or use of Membership Benefits is subject to these Conditions in full. We reserve the right to rescind a Membership without refund where any ticket(s) or Membership Benefit(s) have been obtained, transferred or resold in breach of our Terms and Conditions of Sale. Our Terms and Conditions of Sale can be viewed here.
1.3 All Membership Benefits must be redeemed during the Membership period (see 2.1) and cannot be applied following the expiration of the Membership retrospectively unless specifically granted by the Almeida at our discretion.
1.4 Patrons’ Evening Q&A’s are subject to the duration of the production and the availability of the acting company.
2.1 All Memberships are valid for 12 months from the date of purchase (in the case of a Gift Membership, the date of delivery) or renewal, subject to any longer period as specifically granted by the Almeida at our discretion.
2.2 Your Membership is for personal use only, is non-transferable and non-refundable. A Membership cannot be resold or exchanged for cash.
2.3 The Almeida reserves the right to revoke any Friend level membership purchased by an individual for or on behalf of an organisation.
2.4 You cannot be in possession of more than one Membership per household.
3.1 You may cancel your Membership at any time. Any amount paid for the membership will be kept by the Almeida as Credit on your account. Credit can be used as payment for other Almeida products and services, including new Memberships.
3.2 Where a Membership is cancelled prior to the full payment of the Membership, the Almeida reserves the right to restrict or revoke any Benefits already redeemed by owner of that Membership
4.1 You will receive a letter or email reminding you that a Membership is due to expire. Unless you have chosen to pay your Membership via direct debit, you will then need to arrange payment of your Membership to renew the contract for another year.
4.2 If you choose to pay by annual or monthly Direct Debit, you agree that Membership will automatically renew for 12 months without further notice at the then prevailing rate. Your account will be debited in the last week of the month that the payment is due. You will be notified of our intention to debit your account in advance of the due date.
4.3 If the price of Membership has increased we will give you at least 10 working days’ notice of the change. You understand that, once granted, continuous direct debit authority shall remain in force until you instruct a cancellation in writing by sending an email to email@example.com. We reserve the right to terminate your Membership if payment cannot be taken as instructed.
5. Payment and Pricing
5.1 The price of Memberships will be as quoted on the Membership page on our website and prices include VAT. The full list of Membership levels and prices can be viewed here.
5.2 Payment for Memberships may be made by Cash, Credit Card (American Express, Mastercard or Visa), Debit/Bank Card, Cheque, Bank Transfer, or Direct Debit. We can only accept CAF Account payments for Patron level memberships and above.
5.3 Monthly Direct Debit is not available at the Friend or Bronze Friend Membership levels.
5.4 The Almeida reserves the right to change the price of a Membership at any time. We will notify you if there is a change in the price of a Membership.
5.5 If purchasing a membership as or on behalf of an Organisation, Bronze Friend is the lowest level of membership eligible for purchase.
6. Data Protection
6.1 You must ensure that your personal information is accurate and complete. It is your responsibility to inform the Almeida of any changes to your personal information. If you are purchasing a Gift Membership, it is your responsibility to ensure that the personal information of the recipient is accurate and complete.
6.2 We will use your personal information to provide you with all information, benefits and services specific in your Membership. By purchasing a Membership, you consent to the Almeida using your personal information in order to administer the benefits and privileges you have purchased from us.
6.3 The Almeida may share your personal information with trusted third party service providers for the purpose of administering your Membership.
6.4 You have the right to access or alter to the information we hold about you so long as it does not unreasonably prevent, restrict or inhibit the delivery of the Benefits you have purchased from us.