The nearest Underground stations are Highbury & Islington (Victoria Line) or Angel (Northern Line, Bank branch), which are both within 10 -15 minutes walk of the theatre.
Routes 4, 19, 30 and 43 stop near the theatre. Alight at stops P or N.
Routes 38, 56, 73, 341 and 476 stop on Essex Road. Alight at Cross Street and walk up to Upper Street.
The nearest Overground stations are Essex Road and Highbury & Islington, which are both within 10 – 15 minutes walk of the theatre.
We don’t have a facility for storing bikes, even if they fold down. Islington Town Hall, a five minute walk from the theatre, has secure bike stands with CCTV and street lighting. The nearest Santander Cycles docking station is next to Islington Green.
There are parking restrictions on Almeida Street until 6.30pm on weekdays and 1.30pm on Saturday. Audiences travelling by car can drop their passengers outside the theatre, which has a dropped pavement area.
Blue Badge parking in Islington
- On yellow lines where there are no loading restrictions for up to three hours, providing the clock card is displayed with the time of arrival.
- In resident bays, and pay and display bays for an unlimited time.
- In designated disabled bays for an unlimited time unless a time limit is specified.
- Where there are loading restrictions, that is on yellow lines with additional chevrons on the curb stone and/or an additional sign indicating loading is not allowed.
- In a bus lane.
- In permit holder only bays designated for a specific disabled person.
Please ensure that your badge, and if applicable your clock, are clearly displayed on the dashboard and be aware that Blue Badge concessions may vary in other local authorities. Find more information about the Blue Badge scheme in Islington.
The theatre does not have a car park, but you can use the Business Design Centre underground car park on Upper Street. The car park is a 600m walk from the theatre and open 24 hours. For information and rates please call 020 7359 3535 or visit businessdesigncentre.co.uk.
Transport for London (TFL)
Journey Planner provides details of the quickest routes, with up-to-date travel information. Alternatively you can call TFL on 020 7222 1234.
For information on TFL’s access facilities please call the main switchboard number 020 7222 1234 and select option two to speak to an operator who will then advise you. You can also find information on the TFL website.
Text HOME to 60835 to get details of licensed cab firms in the area.